Updated: 18 JAN 2019
Tactical Element is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Physician Assistant (PA-C) Technical Instructor/Writer (SME III) – Full Time
Tactical Combat Medical Care (TCMC) Program
Center for Prehospital Medicine
U.S. Army Medical Department Center and School (AMEDDC&S)
Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
This course is designed to provide the Physician Assistant, Physician, Nurse Practitioner and Senior Medical NCO a practical working knowledge of how to deal with the injured patient in a combat environment. The course information will be based on known trauma resuscitation methods, lessons learned from past and current combat environments and from newly developed technology. Training consists of didactic lecture and hands-on practical training. The topics include the initial assessment of the patient, specific trauma injuries, environmental injuries and emergency surgical procedures as it applies to the combat casualty.
- Physician Assistant – Certified (PA-C) by the National Committee on Certification Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or higher provider level (CRNA, NP, DO, MD).
- American Heart Association (or acceptable equivalent) two-year Basic Life Support – Provider certification,
- American Heart Association (or acceptable equivalent) two-year Advanced Cardiac Life Support – Provider certification.
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians Tactical Combat Casualty Care – Provider certification
- American Heart Association (or acceptable equivalent) two-year Basic Life Support – Instructor certification,
- American Heart Association (or acceptable equivalent) two-year Advanced Cardiac Life Support – Instructor certification,
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians Tactical Combat Casualty Care – Instructor certification.
- Special Operations Forces (SOF) Military Occupational Specialty (MOS)
- Must be able to lift/drag simulated casualties weighing up to 180 pounds and move them through trauma lanes as required,
- Must be physically, dentally, and mentally fit,
- Must be able to stand and sit for more than 8 hours per day,
- Must be willing to work long hours as necessary,
- Must be able to walk up & down stairs,
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders,
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Posses subject matter expertise in Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC),
- Possess exceptional instructor skills,
- Provide standardized instruction and testing for Health Care Providers (Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, and Nurse Practitioners) and Senior Medics (MOS 68W40) in Tactical Combat Casualty Care and Role 1 Aid Station operations,
- Conduct instruction in a variety of environments, which include classroom, laboratory, clinical, or field instruction outdoors on Joint Base San Antonio, Camp Bullis, or Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC),
- Develops and maintains current lesson plans with handbooks, study guides, and tests while ensuring content is current,
- Designs, prepares, and keeps other instructional aids including flip charts, viewgraphs, and slides, up-to-date,
- Utilizes up-to-date knowledge of advanced medical subjects (standards of care) and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) processes, practices, procedures that are pertinent and applied in the program of instruction,
- Assists in the development of instructional programs, through recommendations and suggestions, for Tactical Combat Medical Care (TCMC) program to include writing, rewriting and/or proofreading lesson plans that typically deal with trauma treatment using the tenants of TCCC, limited primary care, medical evacuation, force protection, CBRN, trauma scenario development and warrior skills,
- Conducts orientation and continuing education (CE) training sessions for newly assigned instructors as needed.
- Refresher training may include, but not limited to training methods and computer-based training methods,
- Participates in in-service refresher training sessions to learn the latest processes, procedures, and practices as the course curriculum/POI evolves that will enable the incumbent to apply the best design and most effective instruction to students in Basic Life Support (BLS), EMT and limited primary care, advanced medical patient care, trauma skills (TCCC) and field craft skills, and
- Be proficient in English
These positions are contingent upon contract award.
Professional resumes may be submitted to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Tactical Element, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer M/F/D/V. Tactical Element participates in E-Verify to determine an individual’s identity and employment eligibility to work in the Unites States of America. E-Verify is a service of the Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration.