Air Medical Crew (AMC) National Standard Curriculum is a 40-hour program of instruction that provides the initial training of advanced life support (ALS) level air medical crew members to extend their knowledge and skills beyond existing emergency medical technician, paramedic, regsitered nurse, and respiratory care training curricula. This program of instruction covers the knowledge and competencies required for air medical programs to provide appropriate patient care at altitude and in the transport environment. It includes information and skills development in the following broad areas:
- Background and history of air medical transport
- Safety considerations
- Pre-crash / Post-crash
- Community, public relations, cultural competency, and legal issues
- Patient assessment and packaging
- The physiology of transport in the air medical environment
- Assessment and care of casualties with a wide range of diseases and traumatic injuries
- Knowledge and competencies required by air medical programs that transport specialized and high-risk patient groups
Limited to 24 participants
Tactical Element is a Board Approved Educational Provider (50-17997) for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and Paramedic (PMD) training by the State of Florida Bureau of Emergency Medical Services.
Air Medical Crew (AMC) National Standard Curriculum (20-497479) awards 40 Continuing Education (CE) Hours through CE Broker, applicable to the EMT (NREMT), Advanced EMT (NRAEMT) and Paramedic (NRP) Refresher Requirements in accordance with Recertification Requirements as prescribed by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
40 CE Hours
Instructors assigned to the Air Medical Crew (AMC) National Standard Curriculum course are seasoned career flight paramedics, physician assistants and physicians possessing verified and documented experience in flight medicine to include being Flight Paramedic-Certified (FP-C) and Tactical Paramedic-Certified (TP-C).
Instructor Training Jackets (ITJ) are maintained by Tactical Element and available for review.
Air Medical Crew (AMC) National Standard Curriculum
1. Air Medical Crew National Standard Curriculum – Advanced Student
2. Flight Paramedic Certification, A Comprehensive Study Guide